Monday, July 16, 2018

Week 50 | praying mantis on your neck



Yeah, I think this has been one of my favorite P days of my whole mission. I love that everyone in our district gets along so well. We had a pretty crazy day! We went mini golfing which was pretty intense if I say so myself. But I totally won. 
Some highlights from this week..
Finally got a picture at TROT! IDK what the elders are doing in the back. I think they were looking at a lizard or something..

It was Henry's birthday party this week! He turned 1! He is the cutest little guy. He is the son of a lady that we are teaching and she invited us to the party, so of course we had to go!


Had a crazy lunch with the elders a couple days ago. We pretty much do everything as a district. I love it. But we were at Wendy's for lunch the other day. Just enjoying our high quality meal of course. And I had this tickling feeling on my neck... And then Elder Wilson gives me a weird look and starts reaching for my face! He like flicks my neck and casually says "you have a praying mantis on your neck" WHAT THE CRAP. Everyone starts busting up laughing as I have a total spaz attack in the middle of Wendy's. It was clinging on to me for dear life and I could not get it off! And let me tell ya, I was  vigorously whipping my head around while like rapidly slapping myself in the face to get this thing off of me. Luckily I caught it right before it almost crawled into my fetching EYEBALL! I ended up like throwing it across the room. I have no idea where it went. And I have NO IDEA where the heck it came from... Oh my gosh though. If people didn't see us before, EVERYONE definitely knew who we were when we left.. Sorry I don't have any pictures of that one.
We did a lot of service this week! So we actually drove to Vail (which is WAY outside my area) to do some service at this high school. I was happy to do it, but I feel bad because they didn't need our help at all.. I did probably like 5 minutes worth of something useful.. But they gave us pizza which was good! And we had some good conversations with people too. But let's be real, I was just happy to actually wear jeans and talk to the other missionaries hahaha!

I am kind of excited because we get to go to the Oro Valley like every week for the next like month! I love going to the Oro Valley!! It was my baby area (my first area) and I am going to try to see if I can see people when I go up there. 
Monsoon season has officially started! WOW. I forgot what the humidity is like! But I honestly love it. I don't feel like I am baking in an oven! I feel like I am melting and I sweat more. But it's AZ I don't even care because I just sweat all the time... 
After dinner one night we went with a member of our ward and talked to some people and got to find some new people to teach. She is so funny! She came in our car and she was sitting in the back and I was driving and she just like opens her arms out really wide and just goes, "WOW! I feel like I'm in a movie!" I just said, yes. Welcome to my life. It feels that way because it's a big joke. 
But we found this drive-thru bar with a pretty cool mural so we stopped to take some pictures. Don't worry, we didn't buy anything. But we did give a pass along card to the guy at the window. 
I hope you are all doing well! Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Grant