Monday, February 26, 2018

Week 30

Boy, where do I even start! I felt like so much happened this week it felt more like a month! But I guess I'll just start from the beginning. 
We did a lot of finding this week and has lots of meetings. It was really fun we went on splits with some of the youth which I absolutely love doing. We made tons of cookies and went out and delivered them to people that have been hard to get a hold of. Then we were going to go to dinner at the church for a Relief Society activity, but we were late and both sister Zamora and I didn't really want to go and we had a girl from another ward with us, so we ended up going out to eat which was so much fun. They have this Hawaiian restaurant down the road and it is my FAVORITE! It's like the whole missions favorite place to eat.


 
We had zone conference this week! and WE GOT SMARTPHONES! I didn't think that the day would ever come. But so far it has been awesome! Because I have a tablet, I get to keep it and I will just use the area phone for the rest of my mission. But the new missionaries that will be coming in will have smartphones, but they just won't have a sim card. So I am really glad I get a tablet because it's the same thing as the phone, it just has a bigger screen. So I get both :) It is really not even that crazy, it sounds crazy, or at least it did to me, but it really doesn't change that much. We are just easier to get a hold of now because we don't have dinosaur phones. We can also send pictures and emojis which of course makes life better haha! 
But as for the spiritual side of Zone Conference, it was so good. We talked about the power of prayer and why we pray and what prayer can do, especially in this work. It really changed my perspective on not only how I approach prayer, but how to teach my investigators and recent converts about prayer. We also talked about having quality gospel conversations every day and the power that extending commitments can have. I learned a lot! But what I really appreciated was after zone conference, we had a trainer trainee meeting for all the new missionaries and their trainers. I really needed that. They broke us up so that all the trainers could talk and ask questions and get/ give advice. It was nice to know that other people were running into the same problems as I am and dealing with similar things. And of course I know that... But it's easy to forget.



We also had interviews this week which was good. I really like President Browning. 
The real craziness of the week was on Saturday. I got to go to Tucson! I had a doctor's appointment, so sister Gadd got to take me and it was in our old area! It was great. We got there early so we could go out to lunch with sister Hammond. While we were eating, I totally spilled on my dress.. so I went to clean it and somehow ended up with water down the whole side of my dress... like it was sopping. And I had to go straight to my doctors appointment! So that was nice and embarrassing. Going to the doctors office soaking wet hahaha
I was so glad sister Gadd took me because we were able to go see all our old friends 😄 We went to go see Rachel first. It was so fun, I was so excited because it felt almost like coming home. I missed them so much. So we stayed for a while and just visited. The kids were super excited to see us too. So we played some games with them and got lots of silly pictures. 



We also went to see our good friend Brooke! She is amazing and I missed her too. It was so funny, we get there and she had all her hair cutting stuff out. And sister Gadd has this thing about cutting hair, so she kept trying to get me to do it. And Brooke said she would. So I let her go for it. I was so nervous, she wanted it to be a surprise. She cut like 5 inches! I was thinking like maybe a trim to clean up all the split ends. But it's good. I like it 😊 And even though it was a lot... no one even noticed. My own companion didn't even notice when I got home. 

It was a good week. I can't even remember a lot of it. But it was long hahaha
Talk to you guys next week 
Love you much, 
Sister Grant