Monday, January 29, 2018

Week 25 & 26

Yeah, sorry about last week. All the missionaries were playing games and we were having a little birthday party and before I knew it I was out of time... oops!

But just a little sum up of my week last week. It was a pretty slow week, not bad but not great. Then on Friday we were biking to an appointment right after getting out of our interviews with president and Sister Church wrecked her bike! We had just gotten these cute new beach cruisers from our amazing members and I don't even know what happened. She just went down. Hard. So that ended up taking the whole day. It was crazy though, like a minute after she fell there were so many people. No one was on the road, but as soon as she went down, this lady shows up and helps us move her and the bike to the side of the road. Then a cop saw us and pulled over and was helping us out, but he called the sheriff to come pick up our bikes. Then a member from our ward came and stayed with us to make sure we were okay. And she was the one who ended up taking us over to the doctor. Basically, it was a giant parade!  She is fine now, but she is in a knee brace because she sprained her ACL! 


Oh yeah, I'm 20 now. Even though I've found that most of the time I act like a 80 year old woman or an 11 year old boy. But my birthday was alright. Got to celebrate with 7 hours of church so if you're into that kinda thing I guess you'd say it was pretty great! Sister Church made me a pie :) Sister Gadd came over too and decorated the outside of our apartment which was really sweet. But kinda funny that it was the one day that it actually rained, so it was all over the place. But what really matters is that she brought me cake. 




This week was so good. Not sure what made it so much better, but it just was. On Tuesday, after morning sports we all went out to Denny's which was actually super fun. We get together every morning to play ultimate frisbee, so everyone decided that they wanted breakfast. And Elder Jordan was a champ and payed for everyone. Then later that day I got to meet up with a senior couple that came down from Tucson to check out some apartments, they are normally in the mission office so I got to know them when I was there so it was fun to see them! And because it was their first time in the Gila Valley we took them to go see Spencer W. Kimball's childhood home. So of course we had to stop and take some pictures :) 





We had exchanges this week which was pretty fun. I got to take Sister Fogg around Thatcher on a bike! I loved it because sister Church hadn't been able to ride since she wrecked, so we were on foot. And I realized how much I really do love my bike haha. Of course we saw lots of miracles because miracles always happen on exchanges! We were able to find and talk to so many people that we haven't been able to get a hold of in FOREVER. So I couldn't believe how much we were able to do. It felt so good to just go out and work really hard. With sister Church being hurt it's forced us to really slow down which has been driving me nuts, especially in a small town like Thatcher. 


Honestly, the most exciting thing about this week has been, beyblades. Yes, they toys I played with when I was like 7. A bunch of the elders got beyblades as a joke so we joined in. I do not regret it one bit. 1. they are actually really entertaining. 2. resolves most if not all conflict. 3. they are hysterical! One thing about sister Church, she HATES the phone. With a passion! So I send every text, answer and make every phone call, all that jazz and it get really annoying. So now, when neither of us want to have the phone we just battle for it and it settles it. No arguing, and now I don't have to use the phone as much! I feel like we have been so productive this week because we settle everything with beyblades. Its amazing! 

Believe it or not I hit 6 months THIS FRIDAY! That is so weird to me... and for being out this long I feel like the biggest thing I've learned is; when in doubt, beyblade it out! LOL I'm mostly kidding! Really though these last 6 months have been some of the worst and the best months of my life and I have learned so much, and yet I still feel like the new kid and I have so much to learn. 
Have a good week everyone! Jesus loves even you :) 

Sister Grant 
  

Happy Birthday