Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Week 24




This was a really good week! I feel like we did so much more this week, I mean it helps when you're not sick.. 
At the beginning of this week we got to go help out with commodities. So all the missionaries in the zone come and we help give out food to those who really need it. It was pretty crazy. We have to prep to make sure it is all ready to go and then they drive through and we just put it all straight into their cars. So I was incharge of the bread. Each person gets three loaves of bread. Usually there are a lot of people per car so it was soooo much stuff in each car. It was amazing to be able to be a part of that. Not only was it super fun to be there with all the missionaries just joking around and having fun with the other people helping out, but it was amazing because the people that came were those who really really needed it. Most of these people probably wouldn't make it through the month if it wasn't for commodities. And to know that commodities really would not happen if it weren't for the missionaries. It is really cool. 
Every single day it has come up that someone that we are trying to go see just happens to know how and wants to teach us how to crochet. So by the time I leave Thatcher, or at least Arizona, I am going to be really good at crocheting. No joke, today at the store I already bought some yarn and a hook because I have to know how to do a basic chain or whatever before these ladies try and teach me how to make hats and blankets and stuff. So I am excited because we now have 3 appointments with all different people to come and to learn how to crochet while we teach them about the gospel. 
We went over to this one lady's house, she is a new investigator. She is so funny but we have to be so careful when we go over there or she will just take our whole day! No joke. I am pretty sure the last time I saw her she talked for an hour straight before I could get a single word in. Boy she is quite the character. I love her to pieces but she was throwing questions from every direction and they were coming at 100 miles an hour with no time to answer let alone think about. It's good, it sure keeps me on my toes and boy have I learned to trust in the spirit. But what was super sweet was that she gave us these homemade pot holders that are little mexican dresses, they are way cute! 
I am also excited because we set a baptism date with our investigator Daniella! It's a ways out, so I won't actually be here but she was so excited that she came to us and said that she wanted to be baptized! She is going to get married and then baptized the next day, so pretty crazy. But she wants to make sure that everyone is there which I think is amazing. Then she told us that she learned a new pattern for crocheting, so on Sunday she brought us both these really cute beanies! Mine is a really dark teal color, I love it and I am sure I will wear it all the time when I get back. 
I just feel like I was so spoiled this week! I swear everyone just gave us so much stuff this week! The little dress, the hat, we got a ton of poems that a lady from our ward wrote, everyone just wanted to buy us food or give us money. I am not used to just being handed stuff all day. People really do love the sisters here. So I can promise that I am being well taken care of :)
Sister Church and I are having such a good time. We are just like sisters. It's pretty great. We are so funny because we really do act like sisters, and we fight like sisters too. We are always wearing eachothers clothes and picking on eachother but we really do get along so well. It's nice because when we are mad we just get it all out and then it's all good. So much better than keeping it all in and brewing over stupid things. So we are working together so much better now. 
Today actually has already been a pretty fun day! I was bit by a cat and screamed at by a pig! We went to do some work at a less actives trailer. And the only thing that people said before we went was, just be nice, and be careful. Yeah, it was pretty bad. We were putting in flooring because it just got so bad that one day the oldest son was walking into the house and actually just fell through. So a member of the ward took us to go help fix it up. I feel like we hardly made a dent, but we worked hard for about 3 hours this morning. We will probably go back later this week. But as we were in the middle of going through some wood to make sure it was good to put down, the kids just start bringing all these animals onto the porch to "play with us". Oh my gosh, I can handle the cats and the dogs, but I just started laughing so hard when they brought the pig!! It's this black pot belly pig, pretty friendly.  But I would go near it and it would start screaming. Not a normal pig squeal, but it sounded like a 2 year old screaming bloody murder! I could not stop laughing, it was just so random and out of nowhere that I just died laughing!
Hope everyone had a good week! 
Love,
          Sister Grant