Monday, October 16, 2017

Week 11


It was another pretty long week.
Great news is that the lice problem is pretty much all taken care of and I never got it! It was a pain because my tablet is almost out of storage from all of the videos I had to download so that she would sit still long enough for me to go through her hair. 
This week we went out to eat a lot again. I can't even tell you how happy I was to finally go to a members home for dinner! I mean it is fun to go out. But it's nice to have a good conversation with someone other than my comp. And it's not like we have that may options of places to go out to eat.


We did tons of service this week! We worked at Catalina and cleaned up the trails. It's not like the work was hard but to clean the trails you have to actually hike them. So that was pretty long. And then the next day we cleaned someone's yard. They are nonmembers in our area and they are older and not able to do it themselves. So sister Gadd and I arranged a day for our zone to go do it for them. It was great, everyone was super helpful. But it was a long day for sure! They were so sweet! Her name is boots and she made us all sloppy Joes for lunch and had a cooler full of soda and waters. She cleaned her pool so that we could all go swimming. So it was a bummer we aren't allowed to because that would've been so much fun! We also did a lot of moving and packing and stuff for some members. So I'm pretty tired.

On Saturday we got to go on an all day splits kinda thing. A ward in a different zone does this activity where all the youth get to go with a companionship for a whole day and see what missionary life is really like. So we got to take a girl named Becky with us for the day! It was pretty cool! We went to the church and played volleyball with one of our potentials who lives with a member in the ward. We got to meet with a less active that just moved in. But the best part of the day was honestly dinner. We went over to Griselle's house, she is a recent convert from Puerto Rico. She loves having us over and always makes us some fancy meal. She is the best. We walk in and she'll snap her fingers and tell us to relax on the couch and have a good time. She also taught us how to make some really good Puerto Rican food! 


We teach a lot of families with little kids and it is so much fun! We have a game or a magic trick or a craft to go with pretty much every lesson. I'm getting really good with making object lessons and making things really simple. It keeps things fun and entertaining. And honestly everyone loves it. The magic tricks are always a hit. When they work hahaha! We've had a few that totally failed but it was pretty funny. We use fire in most of our magic tricks so at least nothing has gone seriously wrong!

I think the biggest lesson I've had to learn this week is patience. It's frustrating when everyone cancels on us. It's just part of missionary work. And everyone knows it, it's just a fact that everyone blows off the missionaries. But even knowing that doesn't make it any less annoying. I've also had to learn to be patient with my comp and with myself. It's easy to say things you don't mean when you are tired and hungry or just not in the mood to life. But I've learned that when I know that I am any of those things, I can turn it over to the Lord. When I get on my knees and ask for strength, He always comes through. Not that I am all of a sudden a different person and filled with energy and motivation. But when I trust in him he helps me to have the courage to just put one foot in front of the other and make it through the day!

Today had been really fun though, this morning all the sisters in my zone went bowling and then out to eat. It was nice to see everyone and just have a good time. It was kinda funny because I asked sister Gadd if we could wear pants and she said no. And trust me, I asked multiple times! But she wouldn't let me. And when we got there, all the other sisters were in pants! I was only very bitter about that. Hahaha but nah we had a great time. 
Hope you all have a great week! 






Sister Grant