Tuesday, August 8, 2017

MTC | Week 1


This week was insane. But I am doing great, and I am learning a ton! The first day was really hard, I'll admit that I was questioning what I was doing all day. I was just feeling really out of place. They put my mission tag on and I couldn't look at it all day, seeing my name on that black tag was so overwhelming. But then we all went to dinner and I got to see Matt Spataro and Hunter Warren!! I was sad we didn't get a picture, but seeing them made me feel so much better. Then later that day my zone leaders were giving me a tour of the MTC and I ran into Anna Pronk! And honestly, seeing them really got me through the day. But the second day was WAY better! We had time to breathe hahaha! I got to know my district and they are so awesome! All the Elders are really funny and keep things interesting, but when we have to be serious they bring up really good discussion points and really invite the spirit to all our lessons. 




But each day got better, I'm studying harder than I ever have. It's hard, and it's no joke when they say it's like drinking out of a fire hose, but yet I feel really good. I am really struggling with being joint at the hip 24/7 with another person. My companion is nice, we see things very differently, but we're working on studying together and trying to have better unity in our lessons. I think it'll just take some time. But it's really hard when I can't even leave the room without her. 




Teaching is harder than I thought it would be, I had no idea how hard it was to simplify everything. By Sunday I was extremely tired, hadn't eaten enough and was fasting, and totally lost it. Everything was annoying me, I didn't want to do anything, and it was a really bad day. But then we went to a devotional given by Jenny Oaks Baker, Dallin H. Oaks' daughter. It was pretty cool, but after we watched a video of an MTC talk by Bednar called the Character of Christ. It was amazing! I learned so much. And then when we all got up to leave, they told us that he was actually there! So they brought him out and we had a Q&A! The spirit in the room when he and his wife walked into the room was indescribable. So even though it wasn't a great start, it was definitely the highlight of the week! 

I think this next week is going to get easier. Each day is pretty much the same schedule from now on. And my whole district is super close now. It's crazy because it feels like I've been here for a month! I am the online coordinator for my zone and the senior companion. And now, I can't wait to put on my tag every morning! Never thought I could learn and grow so much in one week! 


Found Hunter on his P day
Pointing to Tucson on the famous MTC map
Saw Hunter again on Sunday, waited for Matt but he couldn't make it
Saw Saywer Crosby with his companion
My MTC family after meeting David A. Bednar!
(I forgot to mention, the elder in the pink tie is Elder Brown and we actually met in the airport on the way to the MTC! We were on the same flight, and he is also serving in Tucson!!) 

Found this cutie working as an investigator after my first TRC! Kaitlyn was the last person from home I hadn't seen yet. So glad I was able to see everyone my first week before they all left!




Thank you for the many prayers! They were definitely received. Send lots of emails, I can read them all week, just can't respond till Tuesdays. 
LOVE YOU ALL!