Monday, March 12, 2018

Week 32


I can't tell you how much better this week was. I don't really know what was so different, but I feel almost like emotionally charged or something. I was starting to get pretty burnt out for a while there. But I am picking myself back up and trying to keep going. I feel like my overall stress level was taken down a few notches this week which was such a blessing. There is a wonderful lady in the ward I'm serving in and she is into all the essential oils and things, so she gave me some stuff that will help my headaches and it works wonders! I can actually relax now. I was getting such bad stress headaches that I was getting really sick and my whole back was in 
pain. So I'm so thankful that I found something that helps! 

Nothing too crazy happened this week. But I think the best thing about this week is that I have rekindled my love for the scriptures. For a while I wasn't as diligent in my studies as I should've been. I had just finished the Book of Mormon and I was studying other things and I don't know, I just wasn't getting as much out of studying as I wanted and I just started getting really lax about it. So this week I tried to really dig deep in my studies. I started the Book of Mormon over and I have new questions I am looking for and it has been exactly what I needed. There is so much power in that little book. It blows my mind that by just reading it in the morning turns your entire day around. It doesn't change what happens but it changes your perspective and gives you the strength and the energy to care and to handle whatever life throws your way during the day. 

One of the highlights from this week was that we got to go to Landen's birthday party! He turned 3! He is our investigator's son, he is super funny and so much fun. We gave him a picture book copy of the Book of Mormon. 

Another highlight was that we got the whole zone to come with us to the nursing home we go to every week to do service. We put on a little show and sang a ton of hymns. It was amazing!! I didn't think that so many people were going to come, but it was so powerful. The spirit was so strong! We sang the primary song, Love is Spoken Here, there wasn't a dry eye in the room. It was fun to be there with all the other missionaries. But it was the best to be able to bare such a powerful testimony through music. I think we are going to start making it a regular thing to invite the missionaries to come sing because everyone loved it so much! 

This week has been a lot of finding and working with members. It's fun, but nothing sucks the energy out of you like walking around all day long just trying to talk to anyone who will listen to you haha! We did have some pretty great lessons this week. We taught my dear friends Ruth and Orlando! They are getting ready to be baptized and it's been such a privileged to watch them grow. I mean the change in them is unreal! To see their whole countenance just light up and recognize all the blessings the gospel bring. It makes it all worth it I think. 
I'm also super excited because my ward mission leader took my USB and said that he would put a ton of new music on there. BLESSINGS! If you know me, you know that I get sick of my music really fast and I am constantly finding music and trying to listen to different things. So not being able to change up my music has been driving me nuts. I could get some from other missionaries, but we all have pretty much the same songs. I really am a snob though lol. I have the most music out of anyone else I know in the mission and I am still complaining that it's not enough. So this will be so good. 
Love you all and hope you have a blessed week,

Sister Grant